Sustainability and responsibility plan for Linnasmäki
Our purchases have a large indirect environmental impact, for example in terms of food and chemicals. We commit to using organic, eco-labelled and seasonal products and ingredients as much as possible, and not to use ingredients from endangered species. We minimize food waste and only use disposable containers exceptionally. The cleaning and washing agents as well as tissue papers used are all eco-labelled.
Turku January 26th, 2023
Jukka Hautala, CEO, Linnasmäki Oy
Green Key eco-label (in progress)
The Green Key certificate is the leading standard for excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious eco-label represents a commitment by businesses that their premises adhere to the strict criteria set by the Foundation for Environmental Education. A Green Key assures guests that, by choosing to stay with a Green Key establishment, they are helping make a difference for the environment. The high environmental standards expected of these establishments are maintained through rigorous documentation and frequent audits.
What You can do to reduce the environmental impact
• Taste and discover local delicacies. Prefer organic and local food products.
• Visit local sights and try activities offered in the area. Move around on foot and prefer cycling and/or public transport.
• Turn off the tap when you don’t need the water to run and use the dual-flush button as intended.
• Don’t leave windows open for a long time on cold days. Use the same towel as well as sheets for several days. Switch off lights and electrical appliances when leaving the room.
• Take only what you can eat on your plate. Avoid using disposable food/drink containers, plates and cutlers. Drink tap water instead of bottled water.
• Sort your own waste in the bins provided at our recycling points in the common kitchens. Leave possible hazardous waste on your room table.
• Use washing and cosmetic products sparingly. Don’t pour any dangerous chemicals down the drain. Instead, if needed, leave them on your room table.
• Ask questions, comment and give feedback on our sustainability work. Tell us what we could do better. Tell others when we have done well.
Sustainable outdoor activities in Linnasmäki
Bicycles may be rented from our reception during summer. Try biking to the city centre along the beautiful riverbank.
Ping-pong is a fun sport, right? You can find a ping-pong table outside, next to the main entrance and it’s in use all year round. You may also borrow various yard games from our reception during summer.
Sustainable outdoor activities in the area nearby
The outdoor recreation islands are located in the archipelago. Day trips to the island trips are a great way to spend your free time in the wonderful scenery of the archipelago.